Shop small – it’s a little statement that can make a big difference. I’m sure you have probably heard the term being used and Instagram certainly makes it easier to shop beyond the great giant brands we already know and love that adorn our High Street. But have you actually bought something yet?
Having worked in the fashion industry for over 10 years I’m an established fan of the high street. I love all it has to offer and will always shop there. But in the last 12 months of being a blogger (and possibly spending too long on the ‘gram) I’ve learned a lot about smaller businesses too and more importantly the wonderful people behind them which was the reason for this post. I have discovered and am fortunate enough to know some hugely talented people who have channelled their skills into creating beautiful products that deserve to be shared.
If you still have any gaps in your Christmas shopping list, need ideas for your own wish list or are simply browsing here are just some of the gorgeous and unique gift ideas available from some lovely small businesses I’ve found. And remember “when you buy from a small business an actual person does a little happy dance”…
1. Yes Mum Dairy – the perfect pocket sized positivity diary from Hollie, a qualified hypnobirthing practitioner who is known for her Yes Mum positivity cards. This little diary features weekly affirmations, space for to do lists and encourages you to write one thing you are grateful for everyday – make 2018 a positive one with this little gem.
2.The Playlist Game – take a trip down memory lane with this clever game. Simply round up your friends, link up to a music streaming site, pick a category card, choose a tune, tell a story and create a soundtrack to your evening. Plus 50p from the sale of every game goes to Youth Music, a national music charity that invests in music-making projects for children and young people in challenging circumstances.
3. Myla & Oscar – nothing beats traditional wooden toys for little ones and this brand created by a friend of mine delivers the most gorgeous bespoke cubes for play or decoration and are a great gift for a new baby.
4. In No Particular Order – it may be #justaline but the prints that Vickie makes are simple, effective and just wonderful. They are what every home needs hanging up in it and there are plenty to choose from.
5. Willowberry Skincare – this all natural range of skincare is dedicated to your wellbeing. If your skin feels good, you feel good. With a background in the beauty industry, founder Jenni knows her stuff. *S&S readers can receive 20% off with the code XMAS20 (offer excludes individual trial size products)
9. Muthahood – if it’s a slogan top you are after, this is your heavenly one stop shop. Make a style statement with t-shirts and sweatshirts that read Lucky, Strong Girls Club and Fearless among others. There are mini versions available too.
10. Scamp and Dude – when a brain haemorrhage left Jo in hospital and away from her children she created this incredible range of clothing and comforters to help children like her own feel secure when separated from their loved ones. A beautiful concept with such a lovely message.
11. Rock Box – why give one gift when you can give a whole box of them! The brainchild of a time-poor mum on the hunt for the perfect present, this gift box company is the perfect place for those hard to buy for friends and this starry night theme box is ideal for anyone who’s in need of some R&R.
13. Creightons Chocolate – my local chocolate shop and a modern day Willy Wonka factory producing some incredible flavoured chocolate bars. The Sparkle and Fizz bar marries champagne and chocolate in one bar, what’s not to love?!
14. Ferris Heart Sloane – I’m a big fan of faux flowers and this site is brimming with beautiful blooms. This garland will look amazing swathed up your stairs or across a mantel piece and are ideal for the less than green fingered folk among us.
15. Jem + Bea x Yes Mum – when two powerhouses come together you get these gorgeous boldly coloured purses for children. Practical and positive, each one comes with two mini Yes Mum cards inside, one for them to keep and the other to give to a friend.
Happy (small) Shopping
This post was not sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.