In just 10 days it’s Father’s Day (this is your polite reminder) and given that Daisy is only 2 it falls on me like many other mummies to buy her Daddy’s present as well as something for my own Dad. Of course they want to be spoiled like we do on Mother’s Day so if you haven’t already (like me), now is the time to get him something special.
This year I have decided not to mess about hunting for the Holy Grail of gifts so I have gone straight to the source i.e. Mr Style & Substance and my friend’s husbands/partners to find out what they would really like this year from their children. Original it is not, granted, but it certainly saves time trying to be imaginative! Here is what they suggested they would like to wake up to (after a long lie in of course!)…
- A Breton Top – not one man I asked has the time or indeed the energy to shop for themselves and thereby lives in the same tired old clothes for years. A classic breton lightweight knit is a great piece as it will never go out of style.
- Chocolate – my husband has a huge sweet tooth so naturally this came high up on his lust list.
- Keep Cup – when you are a parent coffee is liquid energy so anything that allows you to take this joy around with you while also being environmentally friendly is a must-have and the gift that just keeps on giving.
- A Stylish Backpack
- Boat Shoes – the perfect off-duty shoe that will only get better with age.
- Charity T-Shirt – this was actually my suggestion. Look good and do good while wearing this top and £5 from the cost of this t-shirt will be donated to Prostate Cancer UK.
- Craft Beer – unsurprisingly this was top of everyone’s list and it needs no explanation why. This is a great introduction to craft beer and contains 12 different beers from across the world.
- Coffee Machine – for the same reasons as the Keep Cup, coffee on tap in your home is a necessity once you have children.
- Beard Kit – because, just like us, the boys like to pamper themselves too.
- Personalised Print – the perfect present for a first time Daddy, this #justaline print from In No Particular Order can be customised or you can choose a bespoke design to keep forever.
So there you have it and straight from the horse’s mouth. I hope this helps you to find something to make your Dad smile on the 17th.
Happy Shopping & Happy Father’s Day!
This post was not sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.