This is your polite reminder that a week today is Father’s Day so you have precisely 7 days to get your Dad/Grandad or the father figure in your life a present to say thank you if you haven’t already. Obviously Daisy is still not old enough to go and shop for her Father’s Day present so it falls on me, like many other mummies, to do the deed for her and if that man is anything like my husband it’s no mean feat finding the holy grail of gifts (added to which it is Mr Style & Substance’s birthday the day before – lucky me). So I thought I would put together my annual gift guide that I hope will help you out…
This year, like last year’s post, I have decided not to mess about so have gone straight to the source and asked Mr S&S, his friends and some friends of mine exactly what they want for Father’s Day from their children. Unsurprisingly, the most popular request was for a lie in (because of course children know to do that don’t they!) but aside from that they have given me a list of gifts that I have featured below. It might not be the most original of ideas but I hope it will certainly save you some time at least!
- Backpack, Marks & Spencer
- Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub – this idea also came with the suggestion a massage would be nice too (good luck with that one!)! If your kids are anything like Daisy and want to sit on Daddy’s shoulders all day long this will necessary at the end of the day.
- Trainers, Veja – unsurprisingly, all of the men I asked said they did not have the time nor the inclination to shop for themselves so would happily welcome clothing. Trainers for the weekend are a perfect gift for running about after the mini dictators.
- Chippolo, Oliver Bonas – anything technology is always a good idea but this is genius. Chippolo is a keyring you attach to your belongings which works alongside an app to help you locate it if you lose/misplace it.
- Slippers, Just Sheepskin – this was a popular choice as was loungewear because let’s be honest, anything sleep related will always be well received.
- Denim Shorts, H&M – Mr S&S lives in these, come rain or shine they are the perfect weekend attire.
- Chocolate, Creightons – say it with chocolate, literally (and great sustenance after a sleepless night).
- Aftershave, Matalan – because, just like us, the boys like to smell good too.
- Personalised Print, In No Particular Order – this is actually my suggestion and a lovely gift for any first time Daddies that can be customised. Or you can choose a bespoke print.
- First Man In, Ant Middleton – Ant Middleton from SAS: Who Dares Wins book is most men’s (and women’s) man crush .
- Breton Jumper, Zara – a classic breton lightweight knit is a great piece as it will never go out of style.
- FitBit, ASOS.com – clock how many steps are taken running around after children with one of these.
So there you have it and straight from the horse’s mouth. I hope this helps you to find something to make your Dad smile on the 16th.
This post was not sponsored. All thoughts, writing and opinions are my own.